Andrew Cotton

Saturday 13 March 2010

Panic Stations



I’m off to West Aus and I feel like one of those fluffy pink Duracel bunnies in the adverts, all smiles with lots of energy and wide eyes, going really fast. I’ve been pretty fortunate really as I get to travel quite a bit, some years more than others and some trips longer than others but I still get the same old feelings every time I know I’m going away. These feelings consist of excitement, joy, guilt, anxiety with a bit of nervousness thrown in there somewhere but strangely enough the biggest one is panic, not panicking about flying or missing the flight, I panic about board selection and what’s best to take and it proper gets me down. As the what if’s go through my mind and reality that I actually have a baggage allowance and i have to lug the dam things half way round the world, boards fall by the wayside and my quiver slowly takes shape but it’s just getting there that’s the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment